Hemming+Hart’s Workplace Law practice is one of the leading speciality workplace practices in Queensland, with a team of passionate practitioners dedicated to achieving results for their clients. With a large client base throughout Australia, our team has experience with all aspects of Workplace Law including, industrial relations, occupational health and safety, WorkCover, employment law, dispute resolution, litigation, human resources, equal opportunity and discrimination.
Our team has specific experience with a vast range of commercial and private sector employers, including those in the mining, traffic, construction, labour hire and retail industries.
Hemming+Hart expertise includes:
- Industrial Relations;
- Enterprise Bargaining;
- Occupational Health and Safety;
- Workplace training;
- Human resources;
- Privacy; and
Hemming+Hart has recently acted in:
- Providing detailed advice regarding national harmonisation strategy;
- Assisting in the registration of a National Organisation;
- Advising a listed company on an industrial strategy regarding the implementation of the Fair Work Act 2009;
- Conducting investigations regarding a senior executive involving allegations of sexual harassment;
- Defending a major company against a large Qld WorkCover common law claim;
- Advising a large Queensland company regarding their employees following the termination of an industrial instrument after a transmission of business;
- Advising a national company on labour hire arrangements;
- Advising a large Queensland company on enforcement of restraints of trade, confidentiality and intellectual property;
- Bargaining an enterprise agreement for a large Queensland transport company;
- Advising a client regarding union right of entry powers and freedom of association rights; and
- Defending a large Queensland based company in the Federal Magistrates Court.