Mathew specialises in dispute resolution and commercial litigation. He has over ten years experience in all forms of dispute resolution and commercial litigation, ranging from simple asset recovery action to complex corporate litigation.
- Acting for clients in contractual, negligence, trade practices, building and construction and intellectual property disputes;
- Debt recovery and securities enforcement for creditors, including national financial institutions;
- Acting for clients in professional negligence claims against financial advisors, accountants, solicitors and valuers;
- Acting for partners in partnership disputes (lawyers, accountants and various other professions), negotiating the removal or retirement of partners and initiating and defending court proceedings to dissolve and wind-up partnerships;
- Acting for shareholders in dispute with directors and/or other shareholders;
- Acting for national franchisors in respect to disputes with franchisees and/or the ACCC;
- Acting for companies under investigation by ASIC and ACCC;
- Advising administrators, receivers and liquidators of companies with respect to their duties, powers and responsibilities;
- Acting for and against liquidators in respect to voidable transaction claims;
- Representation of clients at public examinations by liquidators and ASIC examinations.
Professional Qualifications and Education
- Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice, University of Technology, Sydney
- Bachelor of Business, Bachelor of Laws (Honours), Southern Cross University
- New South Wales
- Queensland Law Society