Hemming+Hart's Energy and Resources group specialise in providing a broad range of legal services to clients in the mining, exploration, energy, oil, gas, coal and mining services industries.
Our clients include a large number of publicly listed companies on the ASX and overseas securities exchanges, as well as several smaller, private exploration and mining companies.
Our main legal service focus for these clients includes:
- tenement and project acquisition sale agreements and due diligence investigations;
- providing specialist capital raising advice for resource sector clients, including seed capital, IPO and stock exchange listings, rights issues, employee share plans and private placements;
- ASX and other securities exchange compliance for resource sector clients;
- foreign capital market advice including dual exchange listings;
- project and venture structuring;
- joint venture agreements;
- farm-in agreements;
- royalty agreements;
- off-take and marketing agreements;
- mine site construction, development and operation issues and agreements, including EPC contracts, design and construction agreements, operation, management, supply, maintenance and services contracts;
- pipeline, transport and shipping agreements;
- environment, native title and cultural heritage issues and compliance;
- occupational health and safety compliance;
- land tenure, licensing and land access issues;
- environmental compliance;
- project finance;
- resource sector specific employment issues and agreements;
- resource sector specific litigation and dispute resolution.
Our recent major projects have included the following:
- Advising a large number of resource sector clients on all aspects of the initial public offering and securities exchange listing process, including companies such as Orocobre Limited, Elementos Limited, ActivEX Limited, Northern Energy Corporation Limited, Bowen Energy Limited and Sitra International Pte;
- Acting for an ASX listed entity on a major Canadian capital raising and the dual listing on the Toronto Stock Exchange;
- Acting for multiple ASX listed exploration companies in rights issues, share placement plan issues, private placement issues and employee share and option plans, such as a $12 million private placements and convertible note issue for Renison Consolidated Mines NL;
- Acting for a client in the disposal of a $55 million resource project;
- Undertaking a wide range of work for clients in relation to the acquisition and development of projects in Argentina, Chile, South Africa, Botswana, Zambia, Saudi Arabia and Indonesia; and
- Acting for a client during a contested takeover for an ASX listed coal exploration company.