Hemming+Hart’s Private Equity team specialise in providing a broad range of legal services to private equity industry clients including venture capitalists, private equity funds and target / buy-out companies.
Our Private Equity team consists of senior lawyers with significant knowledge and transactional experience in private equity related capital raisings, investments and M&A deals, both in Australia and overseas.
As a group, our Private Equity team consistently delivers successful outcomes to our private equity clients though their attention to detail, technical skill and the ability to solve transactional problems through innovative thinking.
Our main legal service focus for our private equity industry clients includes:
- providing strategic deal structure advice;
- providing capital raising advice;
- providing structuring advice and documents for private equity funds, investment and management companies;
- investment fund establishment (incorporated and managed investment scheme);
- management buy-outs and buy-ins;
- devising and executing private equity exit strategies including by way of IPO and trade sales.
Our recent major projects have included the following:
- Acting for the owners of a national mining hospitality group in the acquisition of 50% of the group.
- Acting for the owners of a national retail furniture chain in the trade sale of the company to private equity investors for a purchase price in excess of $750 million.
- Acting for the promoters of a veterinarian business aggregation and subsequent IPO and listing on the ASX.
- Acting for the promoters of a smash repair business aggregation.