Hemming+Hart's Manufacturing+Franchising group specialise in providing a broad range of legal services to consumer goods industries such as manufacturers, distributors, retail chains, service chains and franchisors.
Companies within these industries are constantly seeking to enhance the value of their brands by making their businesses and systems more effective, efficient and profitable. With growth and expansion constantly on their mind, the decision makers within these companies are often in need of strategic advice to enable them to effectively manage the complex legal and business risks which arise on a frequent basis.
Hemming+Hart's Manufacturing+Franchising group has a track record of delivering on these needs in a cost effective, decisive, professional and practical manner.
Our main legal service focus for these clients includes:
- Franchising+Distribution advice, including:
- provision of strategic advice on franchising, licensing and distribution systems,
- preparation of franchise, licence and distribution agreements,
- preparation of franchising code compliant disclosure documents,
- acting on franchise sales, renewals and terminations;
- handling all aspects of retail leasing, including negotiations and documentation of leases, lease renewals, sub-leases, licences and tenancy advice across multiple jurisdictions;
- providing strategic advice on intellectual property protection, enforcement and commercialisation;
- prosecuting domestic and international trade mark applications;
- devising and executing trademark enforcement and brand protection strategies;
- providing strategic distribution and supply chain advice;
- advising on trade practices, competition and consumer protection law and dealing with the ACCC in respect of authorisations, notifications, complaints, investigations and prosecutions;
- providing business structuring advice;
- providing advice on strategic and large scale acquisitions and on trade sales;
- providing capital raising advice, including everything from assisting to raise seed capital to disclosure exempt capital raising to large scale stock exchange listings;
- advising on employment law and OH&S issues;
- handling all forms of commercial litigation and dispute resolution, including franchise agreement enforcement and trade mark enforcement.