Hemming+Hart lawyers are proud to be one of the few law firms in Australia with expertise and a strong presence in the equine industry.
Our equine lawyers have acted and continue to act for numerous high profile Australian and offshore horse breeders, trainers, owners and competitors of all disciplines.
Our capability within the industry is far reaching and includes providing advice on:
- legal disputes in Australia and abroad;
- syndications, co-ownership and managed investment schemes;
- risk management;
- training and agistment agreements;
- breeding agreements;
- management agreements;
- transport issues including drafting cartage terms and conditions;
- endorsement, sponsorship and other marketing or promotional arrangements; and
- joint venture agreements.
Our practical understanding of the industry is bolstered by the continued involvement that some of our key lawyers in this practise area have within the racing, dressage and showjumping industries as owners, exhibitors and competitors.